Development Tools Engineer
BlueVoyant is seeking an experienced Development Tools Infrastructure Engineer who will play a central role in the design, implementation and delivery of key components of our infrastructure.
Qualifications for the Development Tools Infrastructure Engineer:
- Good understanding of the Linux operating system, command line utilities and conventional system administration tools. Exposure to recent Ubuntu releases is ideal
- Strong hands-on scripting skills, with experience in Bash and/or Python
- Some exposure to compiled languages such as C++ and Go, and related build tools
- Familiarity with configuration management concepts and tools (Ansible preferred)
- Experience with the following concepts: Agile development, secure infrastructure designs and deployment principles, infrastructure as code, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience using container-based deployment technologies and frameworks
- Expertise in modern, container-based code deployment and application delivery methods in a cloud-based DevOps environment
- Administration-level experience with the Atlassian stack, especially Jira and Confluence
- Expertise with git and various merge strategies; admin-level experience with Gitlab would be ideal
- Experience with Jenkins for process automation, both as a user and administrator
- Exposure to typical public cloud services such as compute, storage, networking and security groups, virtual private clouds and identity management is required. Practical experience with public cloud vendors such as AWS and GCP as well as management interfaces/libraries would be ideal
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or relevant field experience
What you will do as a Development Tools Infrastructure Engineer:
- Lead specific infrastructure projects aimed at our developer teams, from initial design to final deployment and support/maintenance
- Own the day-to-day availability of the developer services under your responsibility: manage alerts, handle incident response, troubleshoot and remediate issues
- Continually work on eliminating manual and repetitive tasks via configuration management tools and automation techniques
- Ensure scalability of infrastructure services as our development community keeps growing
- Coordinate with technology leads across the organization on developing, testing and implementing global standards and procedures with respect to:
- Standard OS builds (libraries, tools, etc) available in our environments
- Application packaging, configuration and deployment
- Implementation of a CI/CD process across our dev, qa and production environments
- Performing vendor coordination related to the on-boarding, support and maintenance of some commercial services and software
Ideal candidates will:
- Thrive in our small, fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Collaborate with teams from across the organization
- Deliver features and fixes on tight schedules and under pressure
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Create systems that are maintainable, well documented, flexible and scalable
- Define and follow a disciplined development and engineering workflow
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks with escalation to management as needed
- Be a subject matter expert in one or more of the technologies employed
- Relentlessly push for successful customer outcomes
General responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with keys players involved in the delivery of specific projects
- Participating in all stages of an agile software development life-cycle, including product ideation, requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and support
- Refining our software development methodology based on agile/lean practices with continuous feedback and well-defined metrics to drive improvement
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Ensuring technical issues are quickly resolved and help implement strategies and solutions to reduce the likelihood of recurrence
- Identifying competitive offerings and opportunities for innovation including assessments of risk/reward to the company
BlueVoyant is a global cybersecurity firm that provides Advanced Threat Intelligence, for large companies and a comprehensive Managed Security Service and Cyber Forensics and Incident Response services for smaller businesses, powered by one of the largest commercially-available cyber threat database in the world.
By working with BlueVoyant, companies can gain unique and far-reaching visibility into malicious activity on their networks, in the dark web and across the internet, as well as real-time, automatable remediation services. Through our unique real-time external threat monitoring, predictive human and machine-sourced intelligence, and proactive managed security and incident response, BlueVoyant offers the private sector exceptional cyber defense capabilities.
Co-founded by CEO Jim Rosenthal, former Chief Operating Officer at Morgan Stanley, and Executive Chairman Tom Glocer, former Chief Executive Officer at Thomson Reuters, BlueVoyant has attracted a management team that comes from the world’s preeminent intelligence, law enforcement, and private sector organizations. Other founding leaders include:
- Daniel Ennis, Global Head of Threat Intelligence, former head of threat intelligence at the NSA
- Ron Feler, Deputy Head of Threat Intelligence, former Deputy Commander of Unit 8200, the cybersecurity division of the Israel Defense Forces
- David Lessing, Global Head of Managed Security Services, former COO of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Gad Goldstein, Head of BlueVoyant Europe and Chairman of Israel, former division head (Major General equivalent) in the Israel Security Agency, Shin Bet
- Austin Berglas, Global Head of Cyber Forensics and Incident Response, former head of the FBI's New York Cyber Branch
- Steve Silberstein, COO, former CEO of Sheltered Harbor and CTO of SunGard
- David Birnbaum, CTO, former Managing Director of Enterprise Computing Engineering at Morgan Stanley
- Moira Kilcoyne, Senior Advisor, formerly the CIO of Morgan Stanley.
- Jim Bieda, Senior Advisor, former NSA Deputy CTO
- Bill Crumm, Senior Advisor, former NSA SIGINT Director and former Cybersecurity Head, Morgan Stanley
Come work with us!
BlueVoyant is hiring software developers, infrastructure engineers, data science experts, and technologists of all types to build next generation predictive threat intelligence and advanced security monitoring solutions.
Projects currently in development include:
- An Internet-scale (multi-PB, > 500k TPS) repository made up of unstructured, structured, and semi-structured data sources used for real time alerting, threat analysis, and research and development internally.
- A powerful, enterprise-scale suite of products used to provide managed security services and Security Operations Center (SOC) functionality to small and medium sized enterprises around the globe.
- A unique internal platform to support the data research needs of our analysts and SOC so they can quickly and effectively identify new threat actors and techniques.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States or Israel, and ideal candidates will be located in the New York City, Tel Aviv, or Baltimore/Washington DC area.
BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
BlueVoyant expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.