Data Sourcing Engineer
BlueteamGlobal (BTG) is seeking a Data Sourcing Engineer to help us identify, acquire, ingest, integrate, and manage the datasets that underlie an analytics platform powerful enough to protect some of the world’s biggest networks, and nimble enough to adapt to a quickly changing, nascent product vision. We are solving interesting, exciting, and important problems with smart people.
Qualifications for the Data Sourcing Engineer:
- Strong generalist technology background:
- Familiarity with large-scale, big data, and streaming data technologies, as well as exposure to a variety of structured (Postgres, MySQL) and unstructured data sources (Elastic, Kafka, and the Hadoop ecosystem) as implemented at Internet-scale
- Familiarity with ETL tools, techniques, and processes
What you will do as a Data Sourcing Engineer:
- Implement proof-of-concept ETL pipelines for new datasets
- Support analysts and data scientists as they assess the value of new datasets in the context of existing datasets and analytical priorities
- Work closely with infrastructure engineering to integrate new datasets, including initial load, scheduled or real-time updates, occasional schema changes, and eventual replacement or decommissioning
- Actively search for and identify useful new datasets for potential integration
- Participate in requirements gathering and transformation from prototype to product design
- Help us stay current on the latest data processing tools and trends
Ideal candidates will:
- Thrive in our small, fast-paced, product-driven environment
- Collaborate with teams from across the organization
- Deliver integrations and updates on tight schedules and under pressure
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Create systems that are maintainable, flexible and scalable
- Define and follow a disciplined workflow
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks with escalation as needed
- Be a subject matter expert in one or more of the technologies employed
- Relentlessly push for successful customer outcomes
- Possess a strong interest or background in cyber security
General responsibilities include:
- Participate in all stages of the data sourcing lifecycle, including product ideation, requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and support
- Refine our data sourcing methodology with continuous feedback and well-defined metrics to drive improvement
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and data acquisition best practices
- Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and help implement strategies and solutions to reduce the likelihood of reoccurrence
- Identify competitive offerings and opportunities for innovation including assessments of risk/reward to the company
BlueVoyant is a global cybersecurity firm that provides Advanced Threat Intelligence, for large companies and a comprehensive Managed Security Service and Cyber Forensics and Incident Response services for smaller businesses, powered by one of the largest commercially-available cyber threat database in the world.
By working with BlueVoyant, companies can gain unique and far-reaching visibility into malicious activity on their networks, in the dark web and across the internet, as well as real-time, automatable remediation services. Through our unique real-time external threat monitoring, predictive human and machine-sourced intelligence, and proactive managed security and incident response, BlueVoyant offers the private sector exceptional cyber defense capabilities.
Co-founded by CEO Jim Rosenthal, former Chief Operating Officer at Morgan Stanley, and Executive Chairman Tom Glocer, former Chief Executive Officer at Thomson Reuters, BlueVoyant has attracted a management team that comes from the world’s preeminent intelligence, law enforcement, and private sector organizations. Other founding leaders include:
- Daniel Ennis, Global Head of Threat Intelligence, former head of threat intelligence at the NSA
- Ron Feler, Deputy Head of Threat Intelligence, former Deputy Commander of Unit 8200, the cybersecurity division of the Israel Defense Forces
- David Lessing, Global Head of Managed Security Services, former COO of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Gad Goldstein, Head of BlueVoyant Europe and Chairman of Israel, former division head (Major General equivalent) in the Israel Security Agency, Shin Bet
- Austin Berglas, Global Head of Cyber Forensics and Incident Response, former head of the FBI's New York Cyber Branch
- Steve Silberstein, COO, former CEO of Sheltered Harbor and CTO of SunGard
- David Birnbaum, CTO, former Managing Director of Enterprise Computing Engineering at Morgan Stanley
- Moira Kilcoyne, Senior Advisor, formerly the CIO of Morgan Stanley.
- Jim Bieda, Senior Advisor, former NSA Deputy CTO
- Bill Crumm, Senior Advisor, former NSA SIGINT Director and former Cybersecurity Head, Morgan Stanley
Come work with us!
BlueVoyant is hiring software developers, infrastructure engineers, data science experts, and technologists of all types to build next generation predictive threat intelligence and advanced security monitoring solutions.
Projects currently in development include:
- An Internet-scale (multi-PB, > 500k TPS) repository made up of unstructured, structured, and semi-structured data sources used for real time alerting, threat analysis, and research and development internally.
- A powerful, enterprise-scale suite of products used to provide managed security services and Security Operations Center (SOC) functionality to small and medium sized enterprises around the globe.
- A unique internal platform to support the data research needs of our analysts and SOC so they can quickly and effectively identify new threat actors and techniques.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States or Israel, and ideal candidates will be located in the New York City, Tel Aviv, or Baltimore/Washington DC area.
BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
BlueVoyant expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.