BlueVoyant Project Manager
We are a $25M start up building a unique, analytics driven cyber security company planning to overturn ‘status quo’ in the industry. As a Project Manager for BlueVoyant, you will be responsible for the threat intelligence product offering. You crave and will thrive working for a startup building the first initial product offering for go to market. This is an opportunity to really build something great. You’ve been there, done that in Project Management and your entrepreneurial itch has kicked in big time. You are ready to find your next adventure at a startup, so you can finally dig in and make a difference.
- Prior experience as Project Manager for implementation of leading-edge IT and/or Security Technologies, Solutions, and Tools for large enterprises.
- Experience managing and delivering infrastructure projects that involves integrating various technologies and/or replacement of older legacy technologies with newer technologies.
- Experience in managing extensive client interactions and providing detailed status/progress for the projects on weekly (or on needed frequency) basis.
- Create and maintain various project artifacts, including but not limited to:
- Project Charter/Initiation Document
- Project Plan including subsidiary plans for managing requirements, change, testing, communication, implementation, risk, issues etc.
- Project Schedule in MS Project
- Resource Allocation Model and resource Estimate
- Risk and Issue Logs
- Communication Plan
- Quality Assurance Plan
- Project Status for leadership reporting * In-depth of knowledge of system development methodologies; working knowledge or understanding of technologies.
- Experience managing cross functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities across all phases of the projects within the constraints of the product scope, resources, time, and budget.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Must be able to influence and partner with Functional Managers to achieve not only wins for own objectives and deliverables but also those of the broad organization.
- Experience in working with internal and external managers to coordinate joint management oversight execution of all technical/infrastructure changes.
- Experience in managing approve project budgets with monthly variance reporting that includes a Project Sponsor review cycle.
- Experience with ensuring appropriate project communication is occurring on an on-going basis with internal and external stakeholders.
- Interfaces/ Coordinates support tasks required from various technical support teams and external vendors as required.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives, possess good technical skills including scheduling, estimating, and costing.
- Proficiency in project management planning and estimation tools.
- Experience in monitoring and controlling resource utilization per the approved project budgets.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tool set – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to provide structure in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment
- Prior experience as Project Manager for implementation of leading-edge Security Technologies, Solutions, and Tools for large enterprises.
- Experience managing and delivering Security projects that involves integrating various technologies and/or replacement of older security technologies with newer ones.
- Familiarity with industry leading and broad spectrum of security infrastructure solutions and products.
- PMI PMP certification is a plus.
- ISC2 CISSP certification is a plus.
- 10+ years of IT experience working to support and enhance security solutions and infrastructure such as identity and access management, data security and loss prevention, network security and application security at the enterprise level within an organization.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- An understanding or experience with Service Level Measurements with contractual obligations and how they are applied to infrastructure projects is a plus
- Highly motivated
- Positive attitude
BlueVoyant is a global cybersecurity firm that provides Advanced Threat Intelligence, for large companies and a comprehensive Managed Security Service and Cyber Forensics and Incident Response services for smaller businesses, powered by one of the largest commercially-available cyber threat database in the world.
By working with BlueVoyant, companies can gain unique and far-reaching visibility into malicious activity on their networks, in the dark web and across the internet, as well as real-time, automatable remediation services. Through our unique real-time external threat monitoring, predictive human and machine-sourced intelligence, and proactive managed security and incident response, BlueVoyant offers the private sector exceptional cyber defense capabilities.
Co-founded by CEO Jim Rosenthal, former Chief Operating Officer at Morgan Stanley, and Executive Chairman Tom Glocer, former Chief Executive Officer at Thomson Reuters, BlueVoyant has attracted a management team that comes from the world’s preeminent intelligence, law enforcement, and private sector organizations. Other founding leaders include:
- Daniel Ennis, Global Head of Threat Intelligence, former head of threat intelligence at the NSA
- Ron Feler, Deputy Head of Threat Intelligence, former Deputy Commander of Unit 8200, the cybersecurity division of the Israel Defense Forces
- David Lessing, Global Head of Managed Security Services, former COO of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Gad Goldstein, Head of BlueVoyant Europe and Chairman of Israel, former division head (Major General equivalent) in the Israel Security Agency, Shin Bet
- Austin Berglas, Global Head of Cyber Forensics and Incident Response, former head of the FBI's New York Cyber Branch
- Steve Silberstein, COO, former CEO of Sheltered Harbor and CTO of SunGard
- David Birnbaum, CTO, former Managing Director of Enterprise Computing Engineering at Morgan Stanley
- Moira Kilcoyne, Senior Advisor, formerly the CIO of Morgan Stanley.
- Jim Bieda, Senior Advisor, former NSA Deputy CTO
- Bill Crumm, Senior Advisor, former NSA SIGINT Director and former Cybersecurity Head, Morgan Stanley
Come work with us!
BlueVoyant is hiring software developers, infrastructure engineers, data science experts, and technologists of all types to build next generation predictive threat intelligence and advanced security monitoring solutions.
Projects currently in development include:
- An Internet-scale (multi-PB, > 500k TPS) repository made up of unstructured, structured, and semi-structured data sources used for real time alerting, threat analysis, and research and development internally.
- A powerful, enterprise-scale suite of products used to provide managed security services and Security Operations Center (SOC) functionality to small and medium sized enterprises around the globe.
- A unique internal platform to support the data research needs of our analysts and SOC so they can quickly and effectively identify new threat actors and techniques.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States or Israel, and ideal candidates will be located in the New York City, Tel Aviv, or Baltimore/Washington DC area.
BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
BlueVoyant expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.