MSS Senior Platform Engineer
This is a remote - work from home position.
BlueVoyant is seeking a senior platform engineer to help architect and implement the underlying technology used to deliver our internet-scale intelligence and managed security products. This is a remote position, supporting both client-facing and an international team of security experts from around the globe.
Qualifications for the Role:
- A Passion for automating everything.
- Hands-on experience architecting and building enterprise technology and network infrastructure, including exposure to AWS or other public cloud infrastructure.
- Know how to build test cases that are thoughtful and take into account an ever-scaling product.
- Hands-on experience with API integration across applications, networks, and cloud environments.
- Hands-on experience integrating custom applications alongside 3rd party vendor applications
- Be able to articulate complex technical concepts to peers, leaders and those outside the Engineering organization
- Experience in a startup environment, or the ability to articulate the types of trade offs an engineer must be willing to make to iterate in a fast-paced environment.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field experience.
What you will do as an MSS Platform Engineer:
- Build a services-focused security product from the ground, UP!
- Collaborate with other Platform Engineers to help our product teams by owning the ‘how’ something gets done.
- Coordinate with product management, client delivery teams, and other teams to execute aggressive, but realistic, goals
- Maintain expert-level subject matter expertise on various components of our technology stack.
- Work with other security geeks.
- Deliver at a fast pace.
General responsibilities include:
- Our engineering team owns the, ‘how’ of a problem. You are responsible to drive solutions, not excuses.
- Building something that both delivers value and displays value to our clients.
- Project-oriented workflow allows you to work on both front end and back end and deliver solutions to both internal and external clients.
- Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and help implement strategies and solutions to reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
- Work with peers to ensure the end-to-end solution provided by BV works seamlessly for our clients.
Ideal candidates will:
- Thrive in our small, fast-paced, product-driven environment
- Collaborate with teams from across the organization
- Execute on tight schedules and under pressure
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Design systems that are maintainable, flexible and scalable
- Follow a disciplined workflow driven by well-defined requirements
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks with escalation as needed
- Be a subject matter expert in how the technologies work together
- Relentlessly push for successful operational outcomes
- Possess a strong interest or background in cyber security
BlueVoyant is a global cybersecurity firm that provides Advanced Threat Intelligence, for large companies and a comprehensive Managed Security Service and Cyber Forensics and Incident Response services for smaller businesses, powered by one of the largest commercially-available cyber threat database in the world.
By working with BlueVoyant, companies can gain unique and far-reaching visibility into malicious activity on their networks, in the dark web and across the internet, as well as real-time, automatable remediation services. Through our unique real-time external threat monitoring, predictive human and machine-sourced intelligence, and proactive managed security and incident response, BlueVoyant offers the private sector exceptional cyber defense capabilities.
Co-founded by CEO Jim Rosenthal, former Chief Operating Officer at Morgan Stanley, and Executive Chairman Tom Glocer, former Chief Executive Officer at Thomson Reuters, BlueVoyant has attracted a management team that comes from the world’s preeminent intelligence, law enforcement, and private sector organizations. Other founding leaders include:
- Daniel Ennis, Global Head of Threat Intelligence, former head of threat intelligence at the NSA
- Ron Feler, Deputy Head of Threat Intelligence, former Deputy Commander of Unit 8200, the cybersecurity division of the Israel Defense Forces
- David Lessing, Global Head of Managed Security Services, former COO of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Gad Goldstein, Head of BlueVoyant Europe and Chairman of Israel, former division head (Major General equivalent) in the Israel Security Agency, Shin Bet
- Austin Berglas, Global Head of Cyber Forensics and Incident Response, former head of the FBI's New York Cyber Branch
- Steve Silberstein, COO, former CEO of Sheltered Harbor and CTO of SunGard
- David Birnbaum, CTO, former Managing Director of Enterprise Computing Engineering at Morgan Stanley
- Moira Kilcoyne, Senior Advisor, formerly the CIO of Morgan Stanley.
- Jim Bieda, Senior Advisor, former NSA Deputy CTO
- Bill Crumm, Senior Advisor, former NSA SIGINT Director and former Cybersecurity Head, Morgan Stanley
Come work with us!
BlueVoyant is hiring software developers, infrastructure engineers, data science experts, and technologists of all types to build next generation predictive threat intelligence and advanced security monitoring solutions.
Projects currently in development include:
- An Internet-scale (multi-PB, > 500k TPS) repository made up of unstructured, structured, and semi-structured data sources used for real time alerting, threat analysis, and research and development internally.
- A powerful, enterprise-scale suite of products used to provide managed security services and Security Operations Center (SOC) functionality to small and medium sized enterprises around the globe.
- A unique internal platform to support the data research needs of our analysts and SOC so they can quickly and effectively identify new threat actors and techniques.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States or Israel, and ideal candidates will be located in the New York City, Tel Aviv, or Baltimore/Washington DC area.
BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
BlueVoyant expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.