Senior Network Engineer
BlueVoyant is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to play a central role in the design, implementation and delivery of key components of our infrastructure
Qualifications for the Senior Network Engineer:
- Experience with IP[v4|v6], TCP (including congestion avoidance and control), STP, ECMP, 802.1[d|s|w], OSPF, ISIS, VRFs, IPSec, LACP and BGP.
- Experience with stateful firewalls, packet inspection, NAT/PAT, application load-balancing, client and point-to-point VPNs
- Experience with 802.1x, RADIUS, TACACS+, and methods of client and system access controls
- Experience with Cisco Switching, Cisco Wireless, Aruba Wireless, Palo Alto firewalls, F5 LTM, Juniper, and QoS
- Experience with wireless design, implementation, and operations
- Exposure to configuration management tools such as Ansible and Chef
- Experience with the Agile development process, secure infrastructure designs and deployment principles, infrastructure as code, continuous integration and delivery, configuration management techniques and modern, container-delivered code deployment in a cloud-based DevOps environment
- Experience with the AWS CLI and APIs as well as AWS components such as EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, Cloudwatch and IAM
- Experience with typical public cloud service such as compute, storage, networking and security groups, virtual private clouds and identity management is required. We expect the candidate to have practical experience with these services over AWS and GCP
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code frameworks such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or relevant field experience
What you will do as an Senior Network Engineer:
- Design, implementation and ongoing management of the corporate network
- Collaborate with InfoSec teams to design and continuously deliver security-related improvements
- Analyze data and define network capacity models and performance metrics
- Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events and minimize operational complexity
- Optimize the network in every way possible
- Lead specific infrastructure projects related to your core expertise, from initial design to final deployment and maintenance
- Respond to alerts, troubleshoot and remediate issues
- Continually eliminate manual tasks via configuration management tools
- Ensure high availability and high scalability of infrastructure services
- Coordinate with technology leads across the organization on developing, testing and implementing global standards and procedures
Ideal candidates will:
- Thrive in our small, fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Collaborate with teams from across the organization
- Deliver features and fixes on tight schedules and under pressure
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Create systems that are maintainable, documented, flexible and scalable
- Define and follow a disciplined development and engineering workflow
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks with escalation as needed
- Be a subject matter expert in one or more of the technologies employed
- Relentlessly push for successful customer outcomes
General responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with keys players involved in the delivery of specific projects
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, and emerging technologies
- Ensuring technical issues are quickly resolved and help implement strategies and solutions to reduce the likelihood of recurrence
- Identifying competitive offerings and opportunities for innovation including assessments of risk/rewardto the company
BlueVoyant is a global cybersecurity firm that provides Advanced Threat Intelligence, for large companies and a comprehensive Managed Security Service and Cyber Forensics and Incident Response services for smaller businesses, powered by one of the largest commercially-available cyber threat database in the world.
By working with BlueVoyant, companies can gain unique and far-reaching visibility into malicious activity on their networks, in the dark web and across the internet, as well as real-time, automatable remediation services. Through our unique real-time external threat monitoring, predictive human and machine-sourced intelligence, and proactive managed security and incident response, BlueVoyant offers the private sector exceptional cyber defense capabilities.
Co-founded by CEO Jim Rosenthal, former Chief Operating Officer at Morgan Stanley, and Executive Chairman Tom Glocer, former Chief Executive Officer at Thomson Reuters, BlueVoyant has attracted a management team that comes from the world’s preeminent intelligence, law enforcement, and private sector organizations.
Come work with us!
BlueVoyant is hiring software developers, infrastructure engineers, data science experts, and technologists of all types to build next generation predictive threat intelligence and advanced security monitoring solutions.
Projects currently in development include:
An Internet-scale (multi-PB, > 500k TPS) repository made up of unstructured, structured, and semi-structured data sources used for real time alerting, threat analysis, and research and development internally.
A powerful, enterprise-scale suite of products used to provide managed security services and Security Operations Center (SOC) functionality to small and medium sized enterprises around the globe.
A unique internal platform to support the data research needs of our analysts and SOC so they can quickly and effectively identify new threat actors and techniques.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States or Israel, and ideal candidates will be located in the New York City, San Francisco, Tel Aviv, or Baltimore/Washington DC area.
BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
BlueVoyant expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.