Security Health Technician – Shift
Security Health Technician – Shift
Location: Remote in the United States
Please note: US Citizenship is required for this role.
Must be willing to work on a Panama Schedule outlined below:
- The schedule will be a Panama schedule; A rotating day/night shift pattern of 12-hour shifts to provide 24/7 coverage.
- The working and non-working days follow this pattern: 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off.
Summary Job Description and Functions:
BlueVoyant is looking for a Security Health Technician that must have experience working across a wide variety of security platforms and understands event ingestion/normalization for security analytics. In addition to event ingestion, the Security Health Technician will be responsible to ensure Next-Gen AV endpoint health and internal systems are functioning properly for our vast client base.
The candidate must understand core IT security and network fundamentals and be well capable of working with a client-facing/customer-service mindset.
Primary Role Success Criteria:
- Experience working with cloud based Next-Gen AV software (Sentinel One, CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, Microsoft Sentinel).
- Understanding of core network protocols (DNS, DHCP, ARP, TCP/UDP, SSL, SSH, FTP)
- Linux systems and networking administration/troubleshooting
- Understanding of Cloud Providers and their services (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google)
- Familiarity with virtualization platforms (VMWare, Hyper V)
- Familiarity with event ingestion (Syslog, REST API, HTTP Event Collector, Splunk Universal Forwarder)
- Experience with SIEM/SOAR platforms
- Knowledge of technology solutions in one or more of the following functional areas:
- Cyber Security
- IT Network/Cloud Environment data
- Experience writing custom queries in SIEM (ideally in Spunk and Microsoft Sentinel)
- Ownership mindset
- Troubleshooting mindset
- Good written and oral communications
- Service Delivery experience a plus
Secondary Role Success Criteria:
- Experience with ticketing platforms (ServiceNow preferred)
- Remote working experience (with tools like Slack, Teams, Confluence, Jira, etc)
- Recent Experience using Microsoft Sentinel and/or Microsoft Azure technologies
- Automation mindset, always looking for improvement opportunities
- Ability to work across teams to accomplish goals
- Office365 experience
What you will do as a Security Health Technician:
- Triage and troubleshoot service health issues with respect to our managed security solutions
- Troubleshoot network connectivity, Linux operating system problems, event data flow issues with respect to a clients SIEM
- Troubleshoot software installation issues and application incompatibilities with next-gen AV
- Work in a client facing role
- Handle account management requests from various business units
- 1-3 years of hands-on System/Network Administration experience
- Experience with SIEM platforms and Security concepts
- Security +, Network + preferred, but not required
At BlueVoyant, we recognize that effective cyber security requires active prevention and defense across both your organization and supply chain. Our proprietary data, analytics, and technology, coupled with deep expertise, works as a force multiplier to secure your full ecosystem. Accuracy! Actionability! Timeliness! Scalability!
Led by CEO, Jim Rosenthal, BlueVoyant’s highly skilled team includes former government cyber officials with extensive frontline experience in responding to advanced cyber threats on behalf of the National Security Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Unit 8200, and GCHQ, together with private sector experts. BlueVoyant services utilize large real-time datasets with industry leading analytics and technologies.
Founded in 2017 by Fortune 500 executives, including Executive Chairman, Tom Glocer, and former Government cyber officials, BlueVoyant is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Maryland, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, London, Budapest, and Latin America.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States. BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Disclaimer: Please note that pursuant to contractual requirements and applicable law, in order for employees to perform work on some of the company’s federal contracts, U.S. citizenship is required. Accordingly, an employee’s ability to perform work on such contracts is contingent upon the company’s verification of the employee’s citizenship status. Furthermore, individuals may be subject to additional background checks and fingerprinting.
BlueVoyant Candidate Privacy Notice
To understand how we secure and manage your personal data upon submitting a job application, please see our Candidate Privacy Notice, which can be found here - Candidate Privacy Notice